Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Atiqul Islam
A little twist in everything often makes it way better. Just like that, a little change of the color of your rims might even change the look of your ride.
If your wheels are old, curb-rashed or you just want a new look, you’ll definitely want to change the color of your rims.
However, the main fact is how to change the color of your rims. There are many processes that you can follow to change the color.
But it can be really confusing to select the process. So, to clear it all out for you, we’ll show you the two most popular processes that you can consider.
Now, hop on the wagon and let’s get started-
How to Change the Color of Your Rims
Among all the processes, the two processes that we’ll show you are the most efficient ways that all the automobile experts will recommend you.
So, plastic dip a coating that you can dip, brush, or spray onto parts. This rubberized and colored coating is originally used for coating tool handles but it’ll work pretty perfectly with your rims.
Also, you can peel it off if you want to try something new in the future. However, it’s pretty durable and a great way to protect the original finish of your wheels.
Here’s how you can plastic dip your car rims-
- Clean the wheels and make sure not even a particle of dirt is there.
- You should remove the rims totally away from your ride. It’s easier to color if you can take it apart.
- Now, you need to spray the plastic dip on the rims. Just make sure that you’re not over spraying. This will make the situation worst for you by getting peeled off by itself.
- Make sure that you let the rims sit for as long as possible. Because if it doesn’t sit perfectly on the surface of the rim, It’ll peel off eventually.
Coating with powder? Yes, powder coating is a type of coating that you can ass a free-flowing, dry powder. It’s applied electrostatically and then you need to cure it under heat or Ultraviolet light.
Let’s have a look at the process-
- First, you need to separate the rim from your ride. It’s easy to work in that way.
- Make sure that you wash your rims at every corner of it so that you have a clean surface to work on.
- Now you need to sandblast your rim. As this is the most important part, make sure that you every corner of the rim while you sandblast it
- Hang your wheel and cover the wheel with powder using a powder coating gun.
- Then, let it cure and allow time to cool.
By now you know the two most popular processes and you know how to change the color of your rims too
Now, the colors are up to you. You can do any color in both of the processes. So, let’s give your beast amazing shoe colors.